Sunday, March 25, 2012

DTS- excel option missing

I am a senior DBA using SQL Server 2000.

I just did a clean install of SQL 2000 Personal edition. I am trying to DTS an excel file in but the excel icon is not there!!!!! There are the other excel ODBC sources but they each require me to setup a DSN (not normal!!!)

Anyone had this problem before? I am uninstalling and reinstalling.

-KevinI don't understand...DTS in or out?

Are you using the wizard?

When open the menu option connection, what do you see?|||I am trying to import with DTS.
When I choose the "source" drop down list I am expecting to see a little excel icon with Excel 97-2000 next to it.

I see a bunch of data direct closed icons and the excel treiber , and the WINSQL excel workbook. All of those options require me to define a DSN.

The normal excel option just lets you choose the excel file.

?!?!?!?!?|||So you're in EM and you right click on DTS and SELECT

>>ALL Tasks >>IMPORT DATA...

Then you use the wizard and change the data source drop down...

and you don't see the teal "X" for Excel?

It's half way down the list...

What if you try to build one from scratch?|||No luck.

I am going to try to do it with Informatica.
I applied mdac 2.8 and SP3a.|||Do you have excel installed on the local machine?|||Yes. Thanks for your help. I found another work-around using Erwin instead of SQL Server.
Thanks anyway.

-Kevinsql

No comments:

Post a Comment