Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DTS Fails as JOB

Hi Freinds,
SQL 2000
I have a DTS where reads a file from other server:
\\server2\uploads\tree.csv
When I'm inside the DTS and running it, then everything is fine. Even if I
right click on DTS and run , works fine.
The problem comes when I schedule the DTS as a job. JOB Fails : INVALID PATH
for \\server\.....
Is this a security issue? How can I solve it
Thanks in advance,
PatrickPatrick
2 things. First make sure that the scheduled task is running either as SA o
r the Domain ID that the SQL Server is running under.
2 make sure that the ID that SQL is running as has access to the directory i
n question.
Jeff
MCDBA, MCSE+I|||Also make sure that the SQL Agent Windows Service is configured to run under
the context of a domain user account. If it's configured to run under
LocalSystem context, the service can't see any network addresses.
Regards,
Greg Linwood
SQL Server MVP
"Patrick" <pashour@.mail.all-in-1.com> wrote in message
news:OYEQ4DxIEHA.3556@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Freinds,
> SQL 2000
> I have a DTS where reads a file from other server:
> \\server2\uploads\tree.csv
> When I'm inside the DTS and running it, then everything is fine. Even if I
> right click on DTS and run , works fine.
> The problem comes when I schedule the DTS as a job. JOB Fails : INVALID
PATH
> for \\server\.....
> Is this a security issue? How can I solve it
> Thanks in advance,
> Patrick
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment