Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS From SQL Server 2000 to Btrieve

Hi,

This is my 1st time out here so please bear with me.

I am trying to transfer data from a SQL Server 2000 DB to a Btrieve file. I have everything set up and used the Import/Export Utility to create the DTS Package. Everything seems to wotk fine until I hit a field in the SQL Server 2000 DB that has a signle quote (') in a name field. Btrieve seems to bomb on that record. If I take the single quote out, it works fine until the next name with a single quote. What can I do to get these records imported?

Thanks much,
Rayuse the following function

ltrim(replace(columnname,'''',''))

you are replacing a single quote in a column with a null and you trimming that with ltrim function.......|||Thanks for the info, but I actually need the single quote. I have set my transformation to change the signle quote into a ~ (tilde). My C program the changes the ~ back to a single quote when updating the main data file from the temp one SQL Server updated.

Ray Fantasia

No comments:

Post a Comment