Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS from 2005 to 2000

Hi All,
I am trying to move data (nightly) from a SQL Server 2005 machine to a
SQL Server 2000 box. Since the backup/restore solution is not an
option. I had only the choice of DTS.
So the problem that I am facing is :
SQL Server 2005 machine ( call it X )
SQL Server 2000 machine ( call it Y )
I start the Import/Export task on Y choose all the tables to import
from X.
Save it as Local package and Schedule it. And then I get the error of
Failed to make the Share OMWCIZC. So I check my package I am using
Windows Authenticitaion for both boxes with the same user ( the user is
in the local Administrator group of both Computers) and has
serveraccess for Sql Severs and the interested Databases.
But I still get the error of server access for the user. Cannot get
info from domain.
So I perform a mock test with few tables and schedule that and it
works.
But When I try my nightly 40 tables transfer; it fails.
Is there something that can be done remedy this issue ?
Is there another way ?
Thank you all for any comments and helpful tipsTry to do one be one on success, tough thing :(
What i could understand is your mock test survived, its becasue those tables
dont have any sql 2005 added features so migration happend without issue.
When you tried a bulk it failed.
So better option those which gets migrated do it that way and others do
manually.
FYI,
http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/eac/knowledgebaseAnswer/0,295199,sid63_gci1150843,00.html
Once you do it, share your experience.
--
Thanks,
Sree
[Please specify the version of Sql Server as we can save one thread and time
asking back if its 2000 or 2005]
"Shyam Madhavan" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to move data (nightly) from a SQL Server 2005 machine to a
> SQL Server 2000 box. Since the backup/restore solution is not an
> option. I had only the choice of DTS.
> So the problem that I am facing is :
> SQL Server 2005 machine ( call it X )
> SQL Server 2000 machine ( call it Y )
> I start the Import/Export task on Y choose all the tables to import
> from X.
> Save it as Local package and Schedule it. And then I get the error of
> Failed to make the Share OMWCIZC. So I check my package I am using
> Windows Authenticitaion for both boxes with the same user ( the user is
> in the local Administrator group of both Computers) and has
> serveraccess for Sql Severs and the interested Databases.
> But I still get the error of server access for the user. Cannot get
> info from domain.
> So I perform a mock test with few tables and schedule that and it
> works.
> But When I try my nightly 40 tables transfer; it fails.
> Is there something that can be done remedy this issue ?
> Is there another way ?
> Thank you all for any comments and helpful tips
>

No comments:

Post a Comment