Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DTS export for MSDE

I need to create a DTS Export job that can be imported to
MSDE via script. But I need to be able to alter the
destination server in the script.
When I use DTS wizard to create the job and create a script
from it. I do not see how I can change the destination
server within the script, because it looks to be encoded.
Any Ideas?
You will need to use the DTS editor in Enterprise Manager to create a global
variable for your server name and make that a parameter to dtsrun. Use the
dtsrunui utility to create the command line with the global variable
parameter. Then add a Dynamic Properties task to your package that sets the
server name from the global variable and make this task the first thing that
runs in your package. Using this method you can set the names of servers,
databases and other values in the package dynamically.
Jim
"Jahnathan Cain" <cainj@.ritchie.disa.mil> wrote in message
news:2a23901c465ea$02b2ee50$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> I need to create a DTS Export job that can be imported to
> MSDE via script. But I need to be able to alter the
> destination server in the script.
> When I use DTS wizard to create the job and create a script
> from it. I do not see how I can change the destination
> server within the script, because it looks to be encoded.
> Any Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment