Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS from Informix database

Hi,

I want to transfer data from an Informix database using DTS. What driver do I need to use for that? What are the settings for the Data Source Name? Has anyone of you accomplished DTS from Informix to SQL Server?

Let me know if you have any ideas that you can share.

Thank you.

VivekYou can get the informix oledb provider from the informix client sdk cd - then use that provider in your dts package.|||There is a known bug in that package. Check out IBM website for more information on that. It will save you a lot headaches.|||Which version and bugs ...|||Also, as with any informix product - make sure you read the release notes.|||How much will I have to pay for this driver that you are talking about?|||Also what version of the Informix Client SDK should I get hold of? I have no experience in Informix.|||Here is the link to ibm/informix client sdk (includes release notes):

link (http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/tools/csdk/)

No comments:

Post a Comment