Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dts Execute Problem

Hi all,
My dts fails in step 3 when i run it from asp.net. But it works fine in when i run in Designer.
In step 3, it reads some data from a text source (on a shared place). And it gives me error :

Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider
Step Error Description:Error opening datafile: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Step Error code: 80004005
Step Error Help FileBig SmileTSFFile.hlp
Step Error Help Context ID:0

I know that when i run it on Designer, it works by my current Windows Loginname. And when i execute dts in asp.net page, it works by SqlAgent's login name. And also i made SqlAgent's Username (as a Domain UserName) a Local Admin in the file shared server.

Any idea?

Regards..

It appears that your ASP.NET application does not have permission to access the flat file.

However, it is very unlikely that your ASP.NET application is running in the context of the SQL Agent account.

How are you launching the package - using the API in your code, or calling sp_start_job?

|||I think my ASP:NET application has permission because i can get list of that folder's files and can edit one of them.
My application runs with my current AD username/password.
I use Interop.DTS class to run Dts. I can run other dts correctly with this method but i can't run this one.

Regards..

No comments:

Post a Comment