Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS Foxpro to SQL 2000

I want to send parameters to a DTS (Foxpro to SQL 2000). I got it figured out with a DTS(Exel to SQL 2000) but i can't find a way to get the thing to work for foxpro.

I want to do this because i have a stored procedure that calls the xp_cmdshell function and then by running the dts and just passing a parameter to it for the old order i want in my new application database...

Please any help would be appreciated.....all you need is the oledb foxpro driver for the version of foxpro you are using installed on your sql server and then you should be ablle to select foxpro as your data source.|||I can select Foxpro as my datasource. The dts is working 100 % except for the fact that i cannot pass parameters to query on the transformation task.

If i do Select * from foxprotable where uniqueid = 1234

the data transoforms correctly, but if i should say

Select * from foxtables where uniqueid = :parameter

then i get message that i am missing an operand ??|||sorry for the :parameter it should be a : with a parameter

No comments:

Post a Comment