Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DTS execution

I'm having trouble with dts. I used the dtswizard to create a dts package, yet when I use dtsrun with the package name, I get a message saying that the package cannot be found. I've even copied the .dtsx file into the same folder as dtsrun and still gotten the same message. Can someone shed some light on what I might be messing up. Btw, I'd love to run the dtsrunui, but apparently that file wasn't part of my distribution.where have u saved your package? inside sql server or as a disk file. it appears that it was saved as disk file. so u should mention the file path with /F switch during dtsrun call. to have it available under dtsrunui u should first select "Structured Storage File" and point to the location of the saved file if not saved inside sql server.|||I've tried saving the file or even copying the .dtsx file right to the root just to make the path simple, but then the process tells me it is not a dts package. How can the dtswizard create a file that isn't truly a dts package? In a related note, how can I "get my hands on" the dtsrunui executable. It's not on my system, nor is the dtsexecui. Either of these would make this process simpler for me I'm sure|||Greetings, Mark! For those of you following this thread, I'm coming into it with a fair bit of background from outside this thread... I didn't somehow magically divine the background from just what's posted.

I'm assuming that this is the SSIS package you built using the Transact-SQL that I provided, and that you are running this on the SQL 2005 Express machine... If any of those assumptions are bad, the rest of this message is worthless.

If I told you to use DTSRUN, that was my mistake... I should have specified DTSEXEC. See the web page on dtsrun to dtexec Command Option Mapping (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345282.aspx) for more details on the conversion from DTSRUN to DTSEXEC.

Anywho, its good to see you here! Hopefully you'll get quicker answers here than waiting for me, but then again I do make "housecalls" for old friends when I'm in the neighborhood!

-PatPsql

No comments:

Post a Comment