Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS from SQL Server to DB2

I tried to copy tables from SQL Server 2000 to DB2 UDB by using DTS
package through ODBC, but always got an error that says:

"The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified.
[IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0150E Driver not capable, SQLSTATE=S1C00"

However, I can copy tables inversely from DB2 to SQL Server without
problem, and I can also copy tables to other non DB2 databases through
DTS.

DB2 Client is properly installed on SQL Server side, and can access to
DB2 Database successfully.

When I run DTS package, it can talk to DB2 database, and create a target
table (i.e. no connection problem), but failed to add data into the
table.

The problem appears after we upgraded Windows 2000 Server Service Pack
from SP2 to SP4. According to the error message, it seems that DB2 CLI
Driver is not happy about something.

Can anybody shed some light on the issue?

Thanks a lot

Jian

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORGI am having a similar problem.

When using DTS designer when I click on the destination tab of the
data pump I get this error:
Error Description: Unspecified error
[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL1131N DARI (Stored Procedure) process
has been terminated abnormally. SQLSTATE=38503

But the DB2 table comes up fine.

Then when I run the dts package I get this error:
The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified. [IBM][CLI
Driver] CLI0150E Driver not capable. SQLSTATE=S1C00

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Sarah Larson|||I have just completed a migration to a new SQL Server and this problem
has reared its ugly head. I can continue to import data to SQL Server
from DB2, I can run an 'Execute SQL Task' to delete data from a DB2
table, but any attempt to insert fails instantly with 'The number of
failing rows exceeds the maximum amount specified.

The 'old' server was at W2K Advanced Server SP2 with SQL Server 2000
Ent at SP3 and ran exports to DB2 without issue.

The new server is W2K Advanced Server SP4 with SQL Server 2000 Ent
also at SP3.

It does seem that the W2K SP4 could be the cause of the problem and if
anyone has a solution to this issue I should be very grateful to know.

Regards

Clare Hilditch|||I had the same issue and resolved it by changing the connection type in DTS from the regular ODBC driver to IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2. Everything worked after that change.

No comments:

Post a Comment