Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS from 2000 to 2005

I migrated a DTS package from my 2000 test server to my 2005 test server and
I seem to be lost... The log file shows that everything converted fine,
where will I find that package? PLEASE HELP ME!!!1 THANK YOU>I migrated a DTS package from my 2000 test server to my 2005 test server
>and I seem to be lost... The log file shows that everything converted
>fine, where will I find that package? PLEASE HELP ME!!!1 THANK YOU
In SQL Server Management Studio, in Object Explorer, connect to the
Integration Services. Then chack whether the paclage is registered in the
local msdb database. If it is somewhere on the file system, search for the
*.dtsx files with Windows Explorer.
--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Mentor, www.SolidQualityLearning.com
Anything written in this message represents solely the point of view of the
sender.
This message does not imply endorsement from Solid Quality Learning, and it
does not represent the point of view of Solid Quality Learning or any other
person, company or institution mentioned in this message|||Im SSMS click on connect and choose Server Type-- Integration Services
"WANNABE" <breichenbach AT istate DOT com> wrote in message
news:ujXNdIX8GHA.1188@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I migrated a DTS package from my 2000 test server to my 2005 test server
>and I seem to be lost... The log file shows that everything converted
>fine, where will I find that package? PLEASE HELP ME!!!1 THANK YOU
>|||something just doesn't seem right here >> I have SQL2000 installed as the
default instance, and 2005 as a named instance, when I register integration
services I only see the server name (which is by default the default
instance) I do not see, and can not find the 2005 named instance. So I
tried to work with that and I registered it and drilled down to the MSDB
container, when I open that container I get this error >>
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
--
Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)
For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476
--
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The SQL server specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is
not available. This might occur when there is no default instance of SQL
Server on the computer. For more information, see the topic "Configuring the
Integration Services Service" in Server 2005 Books Online.
Client unable to establish connection
Encryption not supported on SQL Server. (MsDtsSrvr)
--
BUTTONS:
OK
--
<< I am just guessing here but is this because I have the wrong SQL server
registered in integration services '
ANYbody have any ideas, pleases... Thank you!!
========================================================"Dejan Sarka" <dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka@.avtenta.si> wrote in
message news:eJGXbXb8GHA.2128@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >I migrated a DTS package from my 2000 test server to my 2005 test server
> >and I seem to be lost... The log file shows that everything converted
> >fine, where will I find that package? PLEASE HELP ME!!!1 THANK YOU
> In SQL Server Management Studio, in Object Explorer, connect to the
> Integration Services. Then chack whether the paclage is registered in the
> local msdb database. If it is somewhere on the file system, search for the
> *.dtsx files with Windows Explorer.
> --
> Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
> Mentor, www.SolidQualityLearning.com
> Anything written in this message represents solely the point of view of
> the sender.
> This message does not imply endorsement from Solid Quality Learning, and
> it does not represent the point of view of Solid Quality Learning or any
> other person, company or institution mentioned in this message
>|||I'm a bit confused but I think your issue is that you are
using a named instances for 2005 and possibly didn't modify
the configuration file as indicated in the Books Online
topic so that SSIS would work with the named instance.
Locate the file MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml in your 2005 installation
path Program Files\Microsoft
SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn
The server name entry for a named instance should be
something along the lines of:
<ServerName>YourServer\YourInstanceName</ServerName>
-Sue
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:39:53 -0500, "WANNABE" <breichenbach
AT istate DOT com> wrote:
>something just doesn't seem right here >> I have SQL2000 installed as the
>default instance, and 2005 as a named instance, when I register integration
>services I only see the server name (which is by default the default
>instance) I do not see, and can not find the 2005 named instance. So I
>tried to work with that and I registered it and drilled down to the MSDB
>container, when I open that container I get this error >>
>TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
>--
>Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)
>For help, click:
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476
>--
>ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
>The SQL server specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is
>not available. This might occur when there is no default instance of SQL
>Server on the computer. For more information, see the topic "Configuring the
>Integration Services Service" in Server 2005 Books Online.
>Client unable to establish connection
>Encryption not supported on SQL Server. (MsDtsSrvr)
>--
>BUTTONS:
>OK
>--
><< I am just guessing here but is this because I have the wrong SQL server
>registered in integration services '
>ANYbody have any ideas, pleases... Thank you!!
>========================================================>"Dejan Sarka" <dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka@.avtenta.si> wrote in
>message news:eJGXbXb8GHA.2128@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> >I migrated a DTS package from my 2000 test server to my 2005 test server
>> >and I seem to be lost... The log file shows that everything converted
>> >fine, where will I find that package? PLEASE HELP ME!!!1 THANK YOU
>> In SQL Server Management Studio, in Object Explorer, connect to the
>> Integration Services. Then chack whether the paclage is registered in the
>> local msdb database. If it is somewhere on the file system, search for the
>> *.dtsx files with Windows Explorer.
>> --
>> Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
>> Mentor, www.SolidQualityLearning.com
>> Anything written in this message represents solely the point of view of
>> the sender.
>> This message does not imply endorsement from Solid Quality Learning, and
>> it does not represent the point of view of Solid Quality Learning or any
>> other person, company or institution mentioned in this message
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment